Vivica A. Fox shares heartbreaking details of her visit with a grieving Regina King

Vivica A. Fox has poured her damaged coronary heart out in regards to the loss of life of excellent pal Regina King’s son.

“I used to be with Regina final evening,” the actor and co-host mentioned Monday on Fox Soul’s “Cocktails With Queens.” “She’s OK. I used to be capable of hug her.”

Ian Alexander Jr., King’s solely son with ex-husband Ian Alexander Sr., took his personal life after turning 26 final week. The information unfold rapidly when it went public Saturday.

“I obtained a textual content saying, ‘Regina needs to see you,’ and I made a U-turn and instantly headed there. I didn’t take into consideration the place am I going and what am I doing, I simply — needed to go see my pal. My sister,” Fox mentioned earlier than bursting into tears. “On the way in which there I needed to name and ask individuals, ‘What do you say? I’m scared, I don’t wish to say one thing flawed.’ She is so sturdy.”

Fox advised her co-hosts that it had been “completely one of many longest weekends” she’d ever had in her life. “It’s like I can’t cease crying.” Certainly, she was combating again tears, or dabbing them away, the complete time she spoke.

However the actor mentioned she witnessed one thing superb on the “One Evening in Miami...” director’s home.

“Our group is true there for her,” Fox mentioned, referring to Black actors and different expertise who she mentioned love and assist each other. “I noticed it final evening. It made me so proud.”

Fox urged everybody to look out for his or her children and for anybody who may be on the sting emotionally, and mentioned the weekend had been eye-opening for her.

“I’ve by no means considered suicide in our group. How so many individuals are taking their very own lives, that don’t wish to be right here. That’s the scary half. That they only are deciding to take a look at,” she mentioned. Fox blamed “COVID and all the things” for placing so many individuals “in a darkish spot, in a darkish place.”

Host Claudia Jordan mentioned when the present began that she had posted a tribute to King and her son on social media over the weekend however took it down after a pal advised her that these posts and tags, nonetheless well-intentioned, have been hurting the actor-director.

“Phrases can’t even start to assist or uplift her now ...,” co-host Lisa Raye mentioned. “As a result of a mom shedding her baby, you by no means consider that.”

Co-host Syleena Johnson mentioned, “It simply hurts to know that she has to harm like this, endlessly. Clearly the ache will get higher and higher, however by no means — I can’t think about my son taking his personal life.”

Oscar winner King issued a press release by way of her spokesman Saturday.

“Our household is devastated on the deepest degree by the lack of Ian,” it mentioned. “He's such a shiny mild who cared so deeply in regards to the happiness of others. Our household asks for respectful consideration throughout this non-public time.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post