Boy, 12, in coma may have been hurt in ‘online challenge', mother fears

A 12-year-old boy left in a coma after struggling mind injury in an incident at dwelling may need been collaborating in a “on-line problem”, his mom has mentioned.

Hollie Dance, 46, of Southend, Essex, says she discovered son Archie Battersbee with a ligature over his head on April 7.

Miss Dance mentioned: “We initially thought that it was a freak accident however now I’m questioning whether or not it may very well be some form of on-line problem.

“Somebody bought in contact with me to say they’d heard of boys placing ligatures over their head as a part of a web based problem.

“It is probably not however I’m not ruling it out.

“I’ve requested to the police to analyze.

12-year-old Archie Battersbee suffered brain damage in an incident at home.
12-year-old Archie Battersbee suffered mind injury in an incident at dwelling.
Picture: PA
Hollie Dance said she found her son with a ligature over his head on April 7th.
Hollie Dance mentioned she discovered her son with a ligature over his head on April seventh.
Hollie Dance

“I feel I’ve bought an obligation to boost the likelihood and warn different dad and mom.”

Miss Dance, a former dance instructor, mentioned Archie, a eager gymnast, was in a steady situation in a coma in hospital.

She mentioned a web based attraction had been began to boost funds for therapy and he or she had been overwhelmed by the help the household had acquired.

“I don’t assume there may be anybody in Southend who hasn’t reached out,” she mentioned. “I’ve been overwhelmed.

“We’re attempting to boost cash for therapy and have raised greater than £5,000.”

Miss Dance mentioned individuals may see the net attraction at: https://www.gofundme.com/f/just-for-archie.

Anna Firth, Conservative MP for Southend West, is supporting Archie’s household.

“When Hollie reached out to me, my coronary heart went out to her,” she mentioned.

“I imagine that one of many roles of an MP is to assist individuals of their hour of want – what larger hour of want can anybody have?”

She added: “I’ll help her in any approach I can.

“I’m delighted that Southend has responded so positively … this sums up Southend and the nice neighborhood spirit there.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post