Nadine Dorries accuses commentators of mocking her dyslexia after video gaffe

The Tradition Secretary has accused commentators of mocking her dyslexia after she muddled her phrases in a video posted on social media by a Conservative MP.

In a TikTok video, Nadine Dorries is heard speaking about folks having the ability to “downstream” – fairly than obtain movies on-line, and refers to tennis courts as “pitches”.

Taking to Twitter on Saturday to defend the mix-ups, the Cupboard minister stated her dyslexia means she will be able to discover it “tough” to seek out the right expression when talking.

Dyslexia is described by the NHS as a standard studying issue that primarily causes issues with studying, writing and spelling.

Ms Dorries stated: “I've dyslexia, which implies that once I communicate I typically run my phrases collectively and say issues that sound just like the phrases I’m attempting to say.

REUTERS/Peter Cziborra
REUTERS/Peter Cziborra
PETER CZIBORRA

“Generally it’s humorous and I chortle it off… however principally, it’s simply tough.

“I’m OK with that. I’ve been in politics a very long time and also you develop a thick pores and skin. It’s why I haven’t spoken publicly a lot about the way it impacts me.

“However I’ve discovered it robust seeing commentators and media retailers mock me for one thing that's past my management.

“For different dyslexia victims, we study that it’s what you obtain in life that counts, not what those that mock you say.”

Image: PA
Picture: PA
Mike Egerton

The footage, posted on-line on Friday by Luke Evans, the Tory MP for Bosworth, sees Ms Dorries explaining the work of the Division for Digital, Tradition, Media and Sport (DCMS), which she oversees.

“We’re answerable for ensuring you might have superfast broadband in your house, which means you may downstream your motion pictures,” she instructed Dr Evans.

The Secretary of State stated she needed to “make the web within the UK the most secure web on the earth”.

She went on to say that her division was additionally “answerable for every thing to do with sport, ensuring you’ve bought soccer pitches and that you've tennis pitches in your communities the place you may play and train your sport”.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post