‘No means no’: Keke Palmer calls out fan who filmed her without her consent

A woman with curly brown hair posing in a sparkly dress
Keke Palmer attends the 2021 Met Gala in New York.
(Evan Agostini / Invision / AP)

Keke Palmer on Saturday known as out a fan who filmed her with out her consent after the actor declined to pose for a photograph together with her.

In a short Twitter thread, the “Alice” star summarized the unsolicited encounter for some 2 million followers. Her authentic tweet had amassed greater than 316,000 likes and 28,000 retweets as of Sunday afternoon.

“No means no, even when it doesn’t pertain to intercourse,” Palmer wrote. “I used to be on the bar the opposite day and this lady requested me 3 times for an image and I instructed her 3 times properly that I didn't need [to] take one together with her. She nonetheless [proceeded] to movie me towards my will.”

In a follow-up tweet, the Emmy-winning performer added, “If I went off on her I might’ve been mistaken, so I simply nervously laughed whereas my privateness was invaded upon.”

Whereas reacting to her tweets, some scolded Palmer for denying the fan’s request, whereas others praised the “Hustlers” actor for safeguarding her privateness, setting agency boundaries and sharing her expertise.

“Can we please cease this?” one particular person wrote. “EVERYONE has a proper to privateness. Even celebrities. it’s so warped proper now folks actually consider they're entitled to you, when your not on the clock. Sure, she’s a star, nevertheless it’s additionally a job. You wish to loosen up and have privateness after work, yeah?”

“The replies on this are astounding,” tweeted one other. “Simply since you’re a star or determine to work within the public eye does NOT imply you lose your proper to privateness. Simply because a ‘fan’ thinks celebs owe them one thing for his or her success doesn’t imply they’re ungrateful.”

This isn’t the primary time Palmer has spoken up about being filmed with out her permission. In 2017, the Nickelodeon alum accused Trey Songz of “sexual intimidation” after the singer allegedly secretly taped her and used the footage for a music video towards her needs.

On Twitter, Palmer recalled fearfully hiding in a closet to keep away from Songz after refusing to seem within the video for a remix of his track “Decide Up the Telephone.” In subsequent years, a number of girls have accused Songz of assault and rape.

“That is preposterous. How am I on this video Trey?” Palmer tweeted in 2017, in line with Billboard. “Actually my final choice was to cover since you all wouldn't pay attention after I mentioned I didn't wish to be within the video the FIRST time.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post