Shawn Mendes cancels the rest of his tour: ‘I have to put health as my first priority’

A man wearing a red suit with a white shirt places his hand over his hear
Shawn Mendes arriving on the 62nd Grammy Awards in Los Angeles in January.
(Allen J. Schaben / Los Angeles Occasions)

Shawn Mendes’ world tour is formally canceled after the singer conceded he was not able to hit the highway after the lengthy, COVID-19 pandemic-induced hiatus.

Mendes had beforehand postponed a “few weeks of exhibits,” citing a necessity for a psychological break. Wednesday morning, nonetheless, he mentioned he wanted extra time and must cancel the remainder of the tour.

“As you guys know, I needed to postpone the previous few weeks of exhibits since I wasn’t completely ready for the toll that being on the highway would tackle me,” Mendes wrote on his social media accounts. “I began this tour excited to lastly get again to taking part in dwell after a protracted break as a result of pandemic, however the actuality is I used to be by no means prepared for a way tough touring can be after this time away.

“After talking extra with my staff and dealing with an unimaginable group of well being professionals, it has turn out to be extra clear that I have to take the time I’ve by no means taken personally to floor myself and are available again stronger,” he continued. “I sadly should cancel the remainder of the tour dates in North America, and the UK/Europe. We had been hopeful that I'd be capable of decide up with the remainder of the dates after some a lot wanted day without work, however right now I've to place my well being as my first precedence.”

The Canadian singer-songwriter’s “Marvel: The World” tour kicked off June 27 in Portland, Ore., and was set for Los Angeles on Sept. 9-10. Nonetheless, on July 8 he posted that he can be taking a three-week break, which ended up previous the cancellation of your entire tour.

“This doesn’t imply I received’t be making new music, and I can’t wait to see you on tour sooner or later,” he concluded. “I do know you all have been ready so lengthy to see these exhibits, and it breaks my coronary heart to let you know this however I promise I might be again as quickly as I’ve taken the precise time to heal. I like you and thanks all a lot for supporting me and sticking by me on this journey.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post